Tailored Healthcare Staffing has recently launched a string of initiatives to become the most nurse-centric travel nursing agency in the industry. Last week, the company launched a new website, built with the sole purpose of minimizing time nurses spend searching for assignments and submitting paperwork. Today, the company goes even further as CEO Bill DeVille announced that THS will now be offering both its administrative employees and travel nurses platinum, first-day health insurance.
“We are striving to be considered among the best places to work in travel nursing,” said Deville. “We take care of our nurses so they can take care of our clients and their patients. To that end, we have a top-shelf health insurance plan.”
If you’re unfamiliar with health insurance plans under The Affordable Care Act, there are five “meta-levels” in the marketplace. You can choose platinum, gold, silver, bronze, or just catastrophic (if you’re under the age of 30 or have an economic hardship). The levels take into account the plans’ monthly premiums, deductibles, co-payments, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums. The percentage you’re responsible for depends on the services you use during the year.
Platinum-Level insurance provides more options and greater coverage for employees. For example, with a Gold-level health plan, you could expect your plan to cover 80 percent on average and you pay the remaining 20 percent out of pocket. With a Platinum-level plan, your insurance will cover 90 percent on average and you pay the remaining 10 percent.
Of course platinum-level travel nurse insurance costs more, but THS absorbs all but $18 per week of the cost of the plan for the travel nurse. And that is something uncommon in the travel nursing world.
It’s just another way THS strives to put nurses first, a movement the company hopes will separate them from other agencies.
“By comparison, many other travel nursing companies offer low premiums, but high deductibles, high co-pays, and higher out-of-pocket expenses, said DeVille. “Their plans sound good until you actually need to use them.”